Thursday, April 8, 2010

10%

I have a goal.... Actually, I have several.

Possibly late for a mid life crisis here as I'm about a decade past mid life.

It's time to do something about that extra bit of me that I've been carrying around for the last 30 years. I'll admit that I've finally come to the point where I've decided that if I don't do it now, it may never get done.

It all started with Lent. I spent 40 days, 40 long days, depriving myself of dessert. Lo and behold I managed to drop a little weight.

Hmmm...

This machine called the human body makes use of only so many calories per day. As my weight was fairly stable I was at an equilibrium where the calories consumed equalled those burned on a day to day basis. By cutting back (by approximately 500 calories a day) the weight started to drop.

Hmmm...

Could it be this easy?

For now, it is.

The first step in this process.

Yes, I know that I'll need to deal with adding some exercise into my routine in the near future (way overdue). Yes, I know that I should most likely modify the overall diet a bit too.

But for now,... I'm happy to see the weight slowly drop away with nothing more than a little will power in avoiding temptation.

10%?

I have several goals in place, but no real end goal in mind. We'll just see where I next reach equilibrium.

The first goal is to drop 10% body weight. The best part is that I am over halfway there. A great feeling.

After that, I have several other milestones in mind. Each a few pounds away from the last. No big leaps here. Just a number of small, hopefully easily reached goals.

We'll see how it goes.

No comments: