Saturday, February 20, 2010

Massena Curling Club,.... Part Two

A couple of years ago a curling program was offered by the Massena Joint Recreation Commitee. I was lucky enough to go to one of their sessions, get on the ice, and see what the game was all about.

Unfortunately, due to a sore back, I was unable to participate.

Fast forward a couple of years and we see that the Rec program was not continued.

I'm thinking that it is time to get curling started again in Massena! I am going to be contacting regional Curling organizations to see what this will take.

In the mean time, anyone who is interested give me a shout. There is power in numbers and the more we can get interested in the sport, the more likely we are to meet with success!

Good Curling!

2 comments:

New York Land Man said...

Gary, I like to follow winter sport groups, so if you do get something going on curling, please let me know and I'll write something up about it. And pls join my facebook group!

Gary in Massena said...

Okay.... I'm still trying to track down information on the club that had existed here in Massena.

I'd ask that anyone interested in getting involved in Curling in Massena contact me (by leaving a comment to this post).