Monday, September 3, 2007

Smokey, with no Bandit

Over the weekend my wife and sons surprised me with a Brinkmann Smoke'N Pit offset smoker cooker. What a surprise.

Over the last several years I have been patiently working to perfect my BBQing skills. In the process, I have burned out several 'R2D2' style water smokers and felt that it was time to try something a little different.

So, yesterday the unit was assembled and today I performed my first burn, to cure the smoker. What a lovely smell (at least once the oils and paints stopped emitting fumes) my yard had this afternoon!

Firsts

I think that I may now be a 'real' blogger. Mary from Vermont is the proud winner of, well, nothing really. But she does have the distinction of being the first to leave a comment on my blog. Mary drove by the same wind turbines near Ellenburg, NY that I recently posted about. She then did a little research (I am assuming through Google) and found my little place here on the web.

So Mary, -thanks.

A very satisfying weekend all told.

No comments: