Time flies like an arrow
Black flies like a fisherman.
Can it have been over four months since I last posted?
A lot has happened over these months. The Christmas season has come and gone. A new year is upon us.
My Patriots reached the pinnacle of the football world only to be knocked off by the upstart Giants.
Winter has come and, well, is still here.
After three record months of snow fall it looks like we may be in line for month number four. At the end of the first month of March we have a winter storm going across northern New York.
After several years of below average snow falls this one has everyone in the area ready for Spring.
I am ready for Spring. The seed catalogs have been coming for some time now. The thought of fresh little shoots of a salad garden breaking through the ground make this last month of Winter weather the longest of all.
So, Think Snow (Melting Snow that is).
Single Skillet Meals
Our local PBS station was having a membership drive/fundraiser today. They had a chef on (I did not catch his name) who had guests on cooking up Single Skillet Meals. One really caught my attention.
1. Boil up some Pierogies. Drain them out.
2. In a large skillet, saute some chopped onions and a chipped head of cabbage till tender. Brown very lightly.
3. Slice up some Kielbasa and toss it in. Mix it up to let the Kielbasa cook up.
4. Toss with the Pierogies. Salt and pepper to taste.
5. Enjoy (perhaps with a Pilsner Urquell?).
Life is indeed good.